In your travels and sailing cruises you've seen everything? So why not try to venture somewhere far away from the places hit by mass tourism? We propose a cabin charter sailing cruise in spring aboard a catamaran Lagoon 440 between the turquoise waters of the islands of the Sea of Cortez and the desert of Baja California in Mexico, Latin America. It will be an experience in close contact with nature in places of unique beauty.
Baja California boasts in fact the only coral reef in the North Pacific, a vast marine reserve which National Geographic declared to be the best in the world. The fleet will be docked at the exclusive resort Costa Baja, where we will set sail, which has a beautiful very well-equipped marina. The sailing cruise route will touch the islands of La Paz; activities include sailing, snorkeling, mooring at anchor in surprisingly beautiful bays, nature walks on the ground, observing the night sky.
The basic idea is the following:
- From La Paz to Ensenada Grande, Isla Partida: Ensenada Grande is a popular anchorage for its particular turquoise waters, rocky cliffs and white sandy beaches.
- From Ensenada Grande in Los Islotes and San Evaristo: Los Islotes, just off the northwest tip of Isla Partida is famous for its colony of sea lions. To the south-west of Los Islotes is El Bajito, a famous diving point for the wide variety of tropical fish. A short sail to San Evaristo, a small fishing village, you will find a well-protected anchorage for the night.
- From San Evaristo in Isla San Francisco: White sand beaches, red rocks and clear water make the halfmoon-shaped bay of Isla San Francisco another famous anchor point.
- From Isla San Francisco to Amortajada, Isla San Jose: The anchor spot of Amortajada is located on the southwestern tip of Isla San Jose. Although you will not want to pass the night here, a ride in a raft or kayak through the mangroves to the main lagoon will be the highlight of your visit to Amortajada: not to be missed!
- From Amortajada Bahia Gabriel, Isla Santo Espirtu: Bahia San Gabriel is a large bay and beautiful and offers one of the most beautiful white sand beaches of the west coast of Isla Espiritu Santo.
- From Isla Espirtu Domingo to Puerto Balandra: A marvellous anchorage point with its white sandy beach, the fantastic blue water and the famous rock in the shape of mushroom "El Hongo" Puerto Balandra is a wonderful playground for those who love snorkeling, hiking and kayaking.
- From Puerto Balandra to La Paz: Quick navigation back to the base