Have you already seen everything during your trips and sailing cruises? Do you want to try explore a bit off the beaten track? Then this emotion-packed catamaran cruise, from April 23 to May 3 2016, on board of a Lagoon 440 catamaran is perfect for you! You'll be sailing the turquoise waters of the islands of the Sea of Cortez, close to the desert of Baja California in Mexico, South America. It will be an experience close to nature in places whose beauty is unique.
Baja California indeed boasts the only coral reef of the Northern Pacific Ocean, a vast marine reserve that National Geographic has declared to be the best in the world. The fleet will be anchored at the exclusive Costa Baja resort, from which you'll set sail from a splendid well-equipped tourist harbour. The route of the cruise will touch the islands of the archipelago of La Paz; activities will include sailing, snorkeling, mooring in surprisingly beautiful bays, excursions in the nature and star-gazing.
The basic program is as follows:
- From La Paz to Ensenada Grande, Isla Partida: Ensenada Grande is an anchorage which is famous for its particular turquoise waters, the rocky cliffs and the white-sanded beaches.
- From Ensenada Grande to Los Islotes and San Evaristo: Los Islotes, just off-shore of the north-western tip of Isla Partida, is famous for its colony of sea lions. South-west of Los Islotes is El Bajito, a diving point which is popular for the wide variety of tropical fish. After a short sailing to San Evaristo, a small fishing village, you'll find a well sheltered anchorage for the night.
- From San Evaristo to Isla San Francisco: White-sanded beaches, red rocks and crytsal-clear water make Isla San Francisco's half-moon-shaped bay another famous mooring point.
- From Isla San Francisco to Amortajada, Isla San Jose: The anchorage point in Amortajada is situated on the south-western tip of Isla San Jose. Even if you don't want to spend the night here, a dinghy or kayak ride through the mangroves to the main lagoon will be the highlight of your trip to Amortajada: a not-to-be-missed experience!
- From Amortajada to Bahia Gabriel, Isla Espirtu Santo: Bahia San Grabriel is a wide and beautiful bay offering one of the most stunning white-sanded beaches on Espirtu Santo's western coast.
- From Isla Espirtu Santo to Puerto Balandra: A marvellous anchorage point with its white-sanded beach, the charming azure waters and the famous mushroom-shaped rock called "El Hongo", Puerto Balandra is a wonderful play area for those who practise snorkeling, excursions or kayaking.
- From Puerto Balandra to La Paz: Short sailing to go back to the base.